Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Got Promoted!!!!!!!



I feel so blessed right now. Things just seem to fall into place without me realizing it. I thought that my life lately was in a mess. A lot of things happened that demotivated me and I thought I could never bounce back to how I was doing before. I’ve been attending mass and been praying more intently than before and I was quiet at home and I rant when I’m with Mark expressing all my disappointments. It was really stressful and I came to a point when I wanted to just quit my job and rest for a while. I realized that it’s just so hard to work. You work your ass out everyday for the same thing and damn, you keep on failing! I was way out of control with the things that had been happening and I tend to panic when that happens. I felt low.

But my prayers were answered when there came an opening for a position in the office. I wasn’t really interested until a teammate of mine told me to submit my application and give it a try. He said that it might be my “calling” since I have always asked for a different line of job since last year and my teammates know that. So taking that advice, I submitted my application. I went through a lot before it was finally submitted ( that A LOT really means A LOT and I’m not exaggerating, ok? ). I wasn’t even prepared for my initial interview because I got the information that I’m scheduled for an interview like 10 minutes before my sched. But nevertheless, I gave it my best shot. I was nervous but I know it’s a make or break situation wherein a lot was at stake and I never want to lose all my chances. Out of the many applicants vying for the same position, I made it to the top 3 in my site and part of the 6 that will be interviewed for the final assessment. Well, that’s what we thought because basically, it wasn’t an interview at all. It was a Power Point Presentation wherein we would have to discuss one topic and from there, the panel would determine who is qualified for the job.

I was lucky having graduated from a public school and being part of the student council for 3 years in high school. I don’t get shy anymore with presentations infront of anyone. I can’t say that it was my forte, it was just an advantage. I discussed the topic they wanted which I only had the chance to do a research on for 3 days only. I was prepared for the questions but open to corrections as well. I was determined to make it. Not because I just want a promotion. I was looking for a career path and I don’t want to jump to another company just because I don’t have a career here.

The presentation was nerve wrecking because you see foreign and Filipino bosses listening to you, questioning what you are discussing and expressing there opinion about what you say. But I just kept in mind that this is MY CLASS. I AM THE ONE TEACHING so I SHOULD STAY IN CONTROL because if I FREAK OUT, I LOSE IT ALL. And so far, after the interview, they gave immediate feedback that I was good in public speaking and I don’t stutter and I wasn’t nervous at all. Ofcourse I was nervous but I managed to laugh with them during the feedback session because I was happy that it’s over and if I don’t get it, at least I know I gave my best.

I was waiting for the “judgment” day and of course, I felt that I made it and I’ve never been so sure in my applications as this. Then more and more people start to congratulate me. Bosses texting me or visiting me in my station and telling me that they are happy for me and that I did well. And now, I’m just counting the days before I formally start in the new position. I am promoted. My hardwork finally was paid off!!! I feel so happy that at my age, 21, an undergrad, got promoted despite all the challenges that I had to face and deal with in the past few months. I felt motivated again. I felt that everything that I believed in proves to be true. I am not a failure at all. I have a direction in life. I have good values and I will always find my way out no matter what ( ofcourse with the help of all the people who supported me, taught me how to be good at my job and also for the inspiration given to me which helped me make it. ) I am so thankful for the blessings. God really has His way to show me what I was made for. I have a purpose in life. This must be the start of it.




*************
Special Thanks to Mark Medina, Chris Nullar, Diandra Ancheta, Chris Alonte, Armin Faraon, Chi Santos, Maria Espaldon and Joms Estrada for the help and encouragement. ( Oscar Awards?hehehehehe )

No comments:

Post a Comment