Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Wisest Decisions This 2010

The year is almost ending again and as usual, I look back on how good (or bad) my year was and from there, I change myself which is a good thing because I strive for improvement--yearly. So, here's a list of my wisest decisions this 2010:

1. Applying for a Promotion. One of the biggest move I ever made in my life. I have always been scared of rejections. I do my best at work. Applying for a promotion is one of the biggest move I ever made since it conquered my fear to be rejected at the same time, it made strive harder to be better in my job and prove to myself that I am more than what people has expected of me.

2. Moving Out of my Comfort Zone. I left the industry that I've been part of for 3 years and 7 months. A big move as well. There's no other job that I have known other than being in a Call Center and moving out of that kind of job is one thing that challenged my ability to be flexible. I can do anything. Now, I'm part of a recruitment firm, still learning but nevertheless, I know I can be good at it too.

3. Catching Up with Old Friends/Classmates. I have always been an introvert. I don't go out, I don't like being with more than 1 person and of course, I also feared that people who had known me before would brag about how good their life was while I'm still striving to make it big. But hey, meeting old friends isn't as bad as I thought. I felt more relaxed. More me. The people that I met during elementary and high school are the people that contributed to what I am now. If they gave me pain before, it made me stronger now. If they were able to beat me in class, that made me strive harder in this life. Most of all, the friends that I had ever since are the reason why I don't care if I don't have new friends... because I know, these friends of mine are right behind me all the time.

4. Making New Friends. I'm not the friendly type of person. Not that I bitchy or something but again, I just don't want to be rejected. Now, I've made the decision to at least try. I know I can't please everybody but I can at least be at good terms with them. Thanks to my new friends, Grace, Chee, El, Burg and RC. You're the best guys!!!

5. Saving and Investing for my future. I have always been spending too much on nonsense things. Buying things I don't need and eating at restos which are costly. BIG WASTE OF MONEY! When I resigned, I realized how important it is to have money. That is the main reason why people work. Now, my BIGGEST DECISION is investing in the Stock Market while saving cash in the bank. Yes, I still have my passbook account at BDO plus, I have my Stocks at SM and RCBC(which I'm thinking of letting go soon. I want to invest as early as now so by the time I reach the age of 40, I can have an early retirement.

6. Going out with my Sister. My sister and I goes out to the mall but recently, we did something different. We went to Republiq with my girl friends. It was good. She had fun, so did I. She's about to leave and work for a cruiseline so I'm glad we had that kind of bonding before she leaves. More parties to come for us sis!!!! :-)

7. Patching Things Up with Mom. It wasn't easy to listen because I always wanted to prove myself to my Mom. She is very good at what she's doing, being a Mom and a Woman and that challenges me. I wanted to be better. But then, I realized, NOBODY CAN EQUAL HER. She's the Best Mom ever. I can't say how, all I know is that she just knows what to do with me when I don't know what to do with myself.

8. Keeping My Relationship Strong. I was afraid of commitment. I don't like being tied to someone or something. I want to do a lot of things. But a Big Move would be staying with him... Yes, it has always been hard because I have accepted the fact that it all ends one day. You stop loving. You stop believing. You stop hurting and crying. Then you start searching and being whole again. But now, I have decided to stay, forgive, move on.... a lot of things that I never thought I would learn... No, not in this lifetime. But I'm happy I decided to keep my relationship strong. I can say it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment