Monday, February 14, 2011

Sweet Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite occasions. It reminds me of the many things I should be thanking for. It's like Christmas to me. When I was young, my dad would give me flowers and a heart-shaped chocolate just so I wouldn't get jealous of my teenage cousins who are receiving those kinds of stuff. It made me feel important and loved. Special... Just as I always wanted.

February 14, 2011 made a special mark in my life. Not just a mark.. but maybe because there is a MARK to be thankful for. My boyfriend for 1 year and 9 months already had made V-day special. From delivering flowers to me as early as 5:30AM to exerting effort to also give flowers to my Mom and Sister to bringing vegetables to my Mom... His effort is definitely appreciated. Knowing that my Mom, as of the moment, disapproves of our relationship, I know if he continues what he's been doing lately, my Mom will accept him in no time.

He's such a sweet guy and I really love the fact that we're together now despite the mood swings, the irregular emotions and challenges we had to face in life and within ourselves. I am thanking God for this relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment